Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Resolutions -- to make, or not to make?

My original plan, as it seems to be ever year, was to make some new year's resolutions and see how long I could keep them for. This year, however, I am only going to set myself some goals. Resolutions are something that break easily -- goals are something that I can work towards for the entire year. In the grand scheme of things, I think that goals are more manageable (for me at least).

  • Completely pay off all of my credit cards by May 9th (my college graduation)
  • find a 'good' job after graduation
  • List 5-7 new things in my Etsy shop each week
  • reach 250 sales in my Etsy shop (currently at 77)
  • blog at least once per week
  • learn a new hobby
  • keep a somewhat regular-basis 'diary' of my eating, sleeping, etc habits so I can learn which foods and habits make me sick, then cut them out of my diet or change certain habits to make myself healthier (and happier!)

I think that each of those goals is something manageable, and nothing is too 'lofty' of a goal for me to accomplish in the next 365 days.

what about you -- are you a goal maker, or a resolution maker?

No comments: