Sunday, January 25, 2009

It's only just begun...


It's only the start of the third week of the semester, and I am already starting to feel overwhelmed... My original plan was to graduate in December with a major in Anthropology and a minor in Spanish. Well, plans changed, I was short 3 credits to have 'enough' to graduate, so I came back for spring semester. Since I needed to come back anyway, my adviser for Spanish told me that I might as well just take the Spanish major - I was only 3 classes (12 credits) short.



So here I am, 12 credits deep in Spanish, and one 3 credit anthro elective to keep some English in my final semester here. I'm a bit overwhelmed -- I haven't taken much Spanish over the past year and a half, and suddenly being in 300 and 400 level classes... well, lets just say that I feel a little bit behind. 10-15 page reading assignments take me two hours because I have to look up TONS of words. Ugh. I imagine it will get better as the semester goes on and I get back in 'Spanish mode', but right now it's just kicking my butt...

But on the bright side, this is my last semester. When this semester is over, I will enter the 'real world', and not have to worry about doing homework anymore (or until I start grad school... but we won't think about that right now).

No comments: