Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A new love...

As part of my "expanding" into new hobbies, I decided to take a step back into my childhood and start playing with Perler beads again. You know, those colorful little tube-like beads that you put on the pegboard and melt with the iron?

Yep. Those.

Well, thanks to a fun little ebay shopping excursion, I have about 20,000 perler beads in a variety of colors to play with:



I picked up some peboards and ironing paper at Hobby Lobby, and I've been searching for fun patterns and ideas online for a few days. So far some of my favorites have been various video-game sprites, especially pacman and old-school mario. I don't have any finished products yet, as I'm still waiting to get my iron back from someone that I loaned it to, but as soon as I do you can bet that I will blog about it! I plan on making magnets, coasters, boxes, keychains, necklaces, earrings... Pretty much everything.

If you know of any good patterns or have some crazy ideas, feel free to share!

1 comment:

Karrie said...

I don't have any ideas but I would love to see what you come up with!!