Friday, January 2, 2009

Things I Want to Learn

One of my goals for the new year is to learn a new hobby. In reality, I'd like to learn a lot more than one new hobby.... And I'm hoping to expand my Tangerine Sunshine shop into something a little more eclectic - I think that would better suit my personality rather than just focusing on the jewelry as I am now.

Some things I'd like to do, or work with:
  • sewing -- mini zippy pouches, fun bags and skirts... mostly for myself, really, but some stuff to hopefully go into the shop. All I am missing right now is the sewing machine...
  • knitting/crochet -- one or the other, I'd really just like to learn. So far my experience with attempting to knit has been disastrous, but I am willing to give it anther shot!
  • felt -- I see SOOO many cute things made with felt - little buttons and brooches, fun pouches, hair accessories... I just want to give it a try :)
  • keychains -- I want to make my scrabble tile pendants into keychains as well. This one is going to be the first one of this list to actually happen, since I am pretty much in the process of working on them right now...
  • perler beads -- I used to play with these all time time as a kid, and I totally want to go back to them! I've seen some really awesome stuff made with perler beads on Flickr, and I want to make awesome stuff too!
  • cross-stitch -- I already do this a little bit, even though it's a "grandma thing." Whatever, I think it's cool! I am more in to fantasy stuff like dragons and faeries, and video game themed stuff.
  • and some things I'd like to work with eventually but don't have the money to start up on... lampwork beads, polymer clay, soldered jewelry... maybe some day.
So... If anyone has any supplies for some of these things that they'd be willing to destash for cheap, comment or email me! Or if you know of any good resources for getting started on them, that would be appreciated as well!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

personally think crochet is easier than knitting :)