Thursday, April 3, 2008

Matchbook notebooks!

Ok, so I've seen those cute little matchbook notebooks all over Etsy, and they seemed like really fun, cute, easy-to-make things that I could use for promos, or to just keep in my pocket (I love making lists, writing random notes, etc, so it's convenient!). So I ventured to google to search for a tutorial, and found this one on greetingarts' blog.
I read through the tutorial, whipped out my supplies, and made one of my very own! I used brown cardstock, because I love brown/tan/other 'natural' colors, then stamped a red dragon on the front for decoration. Just stamping something on the front seems pretty boring, I know, but this was my first one! I have all sorts of ideas for decorating other ones :)


I only put twelve pages on the inside, because I'm not really sure how much my little mini stapler can handle. I recycled paper though! I have a huge stack of paper in my room, mostly from articles I have printed off for research papers or other random papers I have that are only printed on one side. I've been hoping for something to come up to use those for, and now I have something!


These little notebooks are so fun, I'm off to make a few more for myself before I have to go to class! Be sure to check out greetingarts' blog and take a look at the tutorial to make some for yourself!

No comments: